hello

My name is Kelsi. I am a wife to Davis, the boy next door growing up and professional pilot. I am mama to Peyton, a brown-eyed spunky little girl who keeps us on our toes! This is our story.

us

us

Peyton Paige

Peyton Paige
08.08.2013

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The one where I wore a white dress and he wore a tux

Yes I am well aware that it has been over two years since this day took place.  However, I have never documented our wedding and thought it might be fun to do a little wedding review before I completely forget everything!  It seems like just yesterday that we were on our way to the temple to get married!  What a fun day it was! 
Our wedding colors were sage green, chocolate brown and cream.  I started out wanting a fall wedding and doing deep reds, oranges and yellow.  But when I went to find a cardigan for my Bridesmaids I fell in love with a sage green cardigan.  And that is how my colors were decided.  Kind of funny that they were based off one little cardigan, but I LOVED my wedding colors!  And it turned out that my cousin had the PERFECT color of green chair that we were able to use in our engagements!  



Adam Moore was our wedding photographer and we absolutely loved him!  He was so amazing and so fun to work with!  He definitely kept us laughing! We took our engagements up in Salt Lake City.  We did most of them by worn down buildings and railroad tracks and then headed over to Gateway to get more of a city feel.  We took these in August and wore winter attire so to say it was hotter than heck is an understatement.   Dave wore a brown button up. . .hard to believe, but that thing was so hard to find and ended up paying a ridiculous amount for it at the last second!  I word my sister's bridesmaid cardigan and cute matching green shoes!  And thanks to my cousin Ky for the cute green chair that was used in almost all of our engagements!  











 The thing that I was most picky with was definitely my invites.  I am way too critical when it comes to wedding invites.  My sister and I tear them apart when they come in the mail.  We pick out what we like and what we don't like so I knew that mine had to be perfect.  I am not so nieve to think that there wasn't a single person who didn't like mine.  I am sure that some did not, but for me it was perfect!  I didn't want the usual invite so my photographer designed something out of the ordinary.




 
We were married on September 17, 2010 in the Salt Lake City Temple at 9:40 AM.  I have dreamed of getting married in the Salt Lake Temple since I was a little girl and just knew I had to be married there.  It was one of the best days of our lives.  We were sealed for all time and all eternity.  Knowing that this marriage is forever, now it just doesn't get much better than that. 







  
I found my wedding dress at Bridal Expressions in Sandy, Utah.  It was the first dress that I tried on ironically.  I of course tried on many others after, but came back to this one.  My favorite part of the dress was the way that it ties up the sides.  It was a heavy little thing!




We decided on brown tuxes.  I was nervous to how the whole thing would look, but they turned out great!  I loved how they were different from the usual black tux and all the guys looked so good in them especially the groom!




My maid of honor was my sister Kaela of course. . .
She was the best!  Making sure all the candy was eaten and everything!

My bridesmaids were Bri, Erika and Danielle.
Love these girls so much!

The best man was Dave's brother Curtis
And his groomsmen were Keaton, Korbyn and Paul.


Our wedding reception was at Aspen Landing in West Jordan.  I loved this reception center!  They were so helpful with everything and made everything run smoothly and perfect!  I would HIGHLY recommend this place.  I loved that they had a patio for people to go outside and the rustic cottage look to it.  





 We went through Berrett's Blossom's for our flowers in Riverton.  The flower shop ended up burning down that summer so we were just a tad bit worried.  But they still were able to take care of us and the flowers turned out amazing!  This was probably the hardest part of the wedding planning for me.  It is hard to picture something when all you are seeing is separate flowers but they turned out so good!  The one thing I knew that I wanted was monkeytails (the brown swirly plant).  The flower shop said they didn't know what we were talking about.  So my mom, being the awesome woman she is, did not give up until she found them and picked them up for the flower shop!  



Dave sent me the most beautiful boquet of flowers the day before our wedding with the sweetest note!  This is why I married this guy is the little thoughtful things he is always doing for me!  Gosh I love him!


 The cake we got through Aspen Landing.  Loved the cake!  We did three layers: Red Velvet, Carrot Cake and Funfetti!  It not only looked cute but tasted oh so good!

 And yes, of course we smashed it in each others face!
 Cake Face Kiss


  
The food!  Most important part right?!  We had a candy bar with all sorts of goodies!  

 And for the dessert we served Cheesecake, Brownies with Ice Cream and Eclairs!  Didn't try it, but I hear it was good!



 We combined the Daddy Daughter and Mother Son and danced to Let Them Be Little by Lonestar.



Dave and I danced to Making Memories of Us by Mr. Keith Urban
Alex of course cried. . .



We headed off to Park City that night!  Our send off was sparklers and a lot of family and friends that we love!  We have some hick friends as you can tell from the car.  It was very nicely done.  
 Erika is telling me that I will be just fine. . .






Oh the people!  That is what helped to make this day so special!  We had so many friends and family come from out of town to be there for our special day!  It meant so much to us to have all of you there!






The wedding planner!  My momma!  We were a little worried about all we had to do in the beginning with it being our first time doing something like this!  But my mom planned every little detail making sure nothing was forgotten!  She got herself a wedding notebook and got to work from the day we were engaged she never stopped!  I know I don't even know half of the stuff she went through preparing for this wedding but I know the day was so perfect because of her!  I could never thank her enough!    


We had the luncheon at Market Street Grill in Cottonwood Heights!  The food was amazing!  We are not so much fish people so there wasn't any fish, but it was so so good!  Thanks to my in-laws for feeding everyone!  I wish we had gotten some pictures, but we didn't.  It was beautiful though.  

Such a fun day!  If I could relive it with the same guy I would!  The day could not have gone any better and I am so thankful to everyone that made it so special!  










No comments:

Post a Comment