hello

My name is Kelsi. I am a wife to Davis, the boy next door growing up and professional pilot. I am mama to Peyton, a brown-eyed spunky little girl who keeps us on our toes! This is our story.

us

us

Peyton Paige

Peyton Paige
08.08.2013

Monday, August 13, 2012

The one where no boys were allowed


I would consider myself young when I got married.  I was 21 years old.  I had been away from home and experienced the college life for 3 years before I got married.  For me, personally, it was enough time.  I have always wanted to get married.  I have always wanted that best friend to go through life with and face it together.  We have now been married for two years and marriage has been the greatest blessing in my life.  Davis is one of a kind.  He respects and adores me more than I could have ever hoped for or imagined.  I cannot imagine my life without him and it is hard to remember my life before him even though it has only been two short years.  Our little life is simple and some may say not exciting at times but I love our little life that we are beginning to build together.  I am feeling more grateful for him today.  Over the weekend some girlfriends and I went away for the weekend.  A couple of us have been friends since we were 4 years old.  The others we met or became better friends with when I went away to college.  We have all gone separate ways but we still manage to get together every now and again.  This time we went away for a couple days to Park City to celebrate Hailey’s upcoming wedding.  She will be moving to Arizona this month after she is married and we thought it would be fun for us to go away for a couple days for one last hurrah!  It was fun.  Don’t get me wrong.  I love my girlfriends and I love being able to do ‘girl things’.  But this past weekend made me realize something.  I am so thankful that I am married!  I am so glad to be done with the dating stage of life and to not have to wonder if I will or when I will find the one and only.  Ready for the really cheesy part?  Even though I was only away from Davis for a little over two days I felt so empty.  I felt like I was missing part of me.  I am so used to him being the one there and experiencing everything with him that it is weird when he is not.  I could not wait to get home and be with Davis again because he is my normal.  He is my day to day and I wouldn’t have it any other way.  He is the one that I want to be with and experience things with.  So even though some may say I was young, the amount of time I had as a single woman was enough for me.  I wouldn’t go back and do it again or do it differently. 

Now on to the girls weekend!  I felt like I had just got back from Anderson Island when I was packing my bags for Park City (probably because I had)! 
 Hot Tubbing!  
 No girls weekend is complete without facials and a photo shoot!  
 Me, Hailey (the bride), Erika, Danielle
 Mustache Glasses anyone?

1 comment: