hello

My name is Kelsi. I am a wife to Davis, the boy next door growing up and professional pilot. I am mama to Peyton, a brown-eyed spunky little girl who keeps us on our toes! This is our story.

us

us

Peyton Paige

Peyton Paige
08.08.2013

Monday, March 23, 2015

SkyWest


It's official!!  Dave just got a job at SkyWest Airlines!  Working for this airline has been our dream and goal for years now and we cannot believe it's finally happening.  I cannot even begin to describe how incredibly proud I am of this husband of mine!  He has worked and studied so hard for this and made his dreams become reality.

So many emotions come with this.  There is of course the excitement and the relief that all of his hard work will be put to good use.  We paid big bucks for his education and ratings so it is a good thing that he will be using them!  He will be doing what he loves and we are now finally where we want to be.  We could not have picked a better time to get into the industry.  They need pilots like crazy right now and because of that there are great things happening in the airline industry.

But there is also the fear of the unknown.  We will have been married for 5 years this September and there are only a handful of nights I can remember not having Dave around.  He is such a hands on husband and dad and does so much for our family.  We have never had our own responsibilities, but share all the responsibilities.  From cleaning to cooking to doing laundry he has been there for it all.  And the one that got up with Peyton when she wasn't sleeping through the night? That was all Dave.  I have been spoiled these past few years and I am really going to have to step it up!  As I'm writing this he is doing the dishes. . .

I like to hear other people's experiences with the airlines, but at the same time I don't.  I feel like it taints my mood and I feel like 99% of what you hear is bad bad bad.  I hear the first year is the toughest. People always say "If you can make it through the first year you have it made!"  Is this because you get used to it or because it actually gets better?  I'd like to believe that I can do anything for a year but I don't want to just get used to my husband never being around.  I came across a blog tonight of an airline pilot's wife.  Dave told me not to read it, but I of course did.  There was of course the negative.  But then the positive really surprised me.  There was the obvious benefit of free flights.  Being able to see the world.  We are all about vacation in this household so you best believe we are looking forward to that!  She also talked about how it makes you more independent.  It makes you stronger.  I will learn to do a lot by myself.  I will learn how to be OK with being alone and being my own person.  And then my favorite. . .when they are home, they are HOME!  They don't have any other distractions.  You have their full attention.  I hope once we are into the thick of all of this that I can remember these things.

Will it suck?  Yes.  Do I think that sometimes I will wish that he had a different job?  Most definitely.  It will take time to adjust.  It will take time to find our new normal.  But I know he will still be there for us like he always has been.  It will just look a little different.

So on to the next adventure!  One we have worked so, so hard for!  I know it will not be easy, but it will be worth it!    

No comments:

Post a Comment