hello

My name is Kelsi. I am a wife to Davis, the boy next door growing up and professional pilot. I am mama to Peyton, a brown-eyed spunky little girl who keeps us on our toes! This is our story.

us

us

Peyton Paige

Peyton Paige
08.08.2013

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Surprise Disneyland Trip!

Davis had Thursday and Friday off of work last week.  The week before we had been talking about going on a last minute trip.  We were mostly joking.  I am not one to do last minute trips.  I like to have a plan and have time to save.  We got the idea of Disneyland in our heads and decided it would be too fun to pass up.  So on Sunday we booked the trip to leave that Wednesday night!  I have never done something like this, but we figured we should take advantage now while we have nothing holding us back!  

We flew into Long Beach airport.  I hate flying.  Yes I am married to a pilot.  I hate flying.  
The first day we spent at California Adventure



Cars Land just opened not to long ago.  I think this is what I was most excited about and it did not disappoint   It was the cutest thing and looked just like the movie!  Disney never does anything half way!







The second day was spent in Disneyland!  We may have gotten the park opening time wrong but don't you worry we were the first ones in line!



Davis got on the car for the picture and went into this pose.  I thought he was falling out of the car and I couldn't stop laughing!  
Use those muscles!
We were standing in line to get a picture with Goofy, our favorite, and he was told he had to go.  So we hurried and snapped this picture.

After the firework show they shot bubble suds onto the crowd to make it look like it was snowing!
They had the parks all decked out for Christmas.  It's A Small World was impressive!
On Saturday we slept in, went to breakfast at IHOP, and did a little shopping at Block at the Orange.  That afternoon we went to Huntington Beach to catch the sunset.  Best decision ever.  It was gorgeous!









We left Sunday morning.  They boarded everyone onto the plane.  Then came over the intercom to inform us of a mechanical problem.  They made everyone get off the plane while it was fixed.  

I got off the plane and Davis was no where to be seen.  I looked up at the door and he popped his head out with the biggest grin on his face telling me that he would be just a second.  I could only imagine what he was doing.  He had asked the flight attendant what system was having problems and he said that if Davis showed them his pilot's license he could go in the cockpit.  You can't see him very well but the picture below is him talking with the pilot.  He came off the plane as high as the sky!  He was all big talk telling me what was wrong and how bad it would have been if they hadn't fixed it and on and on and on.  It sure made his day!

We had such a fun time and it was so hard to come back!  I am so glad we did this last minute trip!  It has been one of the most fun things we have done and I'm glad that we were able to do it!  Thanks husband for helping me be a little adventurous!  Such fun memories!   

3 comments:

  1. Your beach/sunset pictures are gorgeous. I'm so glad you got to go on a last minute trip. That kind of stuff is so fun before you have kids cause trust me, that doesn't happen after you have them lol! And I would have picked Disneyland too. It's my fav. And I can't wait to show the boys your pictures of Cars Land. Ok, I think I'm done hogging your comments section....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks! And you an hog my comments section anytime! You are the only one to comment!

      Delete
  2. Long Beach Airport is TINY! We flew out of there when we came back from Disneyland a couple of years ago and I could not believe the terminal was a portable. So crazy!

    ReplyDelete